Saturday, April 11, 2009

Introducing Paige Sarah Taylor!





First of all... I know Paige Sarah sounds funny at first, but I promise, it grows on you. Let me tell you the story. Jordan thought we were going to have a boy before we found out and he said we were going to call him Jacob (I don't know where he comes up with the names, because if he knew anyone with the name he wouldn't use it) Well when we told him we were going to have a girl, he said "Well, we won't name him Jacob then, but we'll call her Sarah". He would not go for any other name. We tried to convince him otherwise and he just kept telling us well I'll still call her Sarah. We finally told him that we could use Sarah for the middle name, and he was okay with that. So... Paige Sarah it is!

Anyways... Here are the specifics.

Name: Paige Sarah
Born: April 9, 2009
Weight: a whopping 8lbs 11oz (she's our biggest baby)
Length: 20 3/4 inches
Time: 9:20 pm

This was the easiest delivery I have ever had and I would even do it over. I went to the doctors that morning for my check-up and my doctor told me I was already dilated to a 4 and thinned. He then proceeded to strip my membranes. He said I would probably go into labor in a few hours. He said if I didn't contract then he could induce me at the hospital across the street, which was not my preference. The one I wanted to deliver in was Mountain view, but the rooms were full. Heavenly Father must have known what was needed for me. Well, I had a few regular contractions and then they just stopped. I went into EIRMC (the hospital) at 5:00 pm. I was going there to be induced since my contractions were not regular. They gave me my IV at about 5:30 and then started me on PIT at about 6:00. They had checked me and said I was dilated to a 5 and that they would go ahead and get the anesthesiologist there to give me my epidural, even though I had not felt any pain. They told me "why should you have to feel it?" Bless that nurse. I felt only one contraction before I had my epidural. No pain!!! YAY!!! I watched tv and visited with Ryan and it was very nice. The doctor couldn't come break my water until 8:30 so we just sat around. He did get there at 8:30 and broke my water, at 9:00 I was feeling pressure and was ready to push. Luckily, the doctor hadn't left yet! I pushed a couple of times and at 9:20 she was here. I have been up and going ever since! Thank-you To the nurses and doctors that I had. I had the best experience ever!

Here are some pics of our beautiful baby girl. By the way... if I look like a monster in any of the pictures it is because I have pink eye and it looks terrible!

3 comments:

Sam, Melissa, and Kayla said...

congrats were so happy for you!!

bethy said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! So nice to see your family grow. What a whopper Paige is! Gotta love those big, healthy babies. Keep up the great work.

Amy said...

So happy it was a good delivery for you! That's always a plus. My last two were so easy as well. I could deliver a hundred more babies if they were like that! Congratulations, she's beautiful. (And I love the name Paige, I almost used that one for Samantha!)