Monday, March 17, 2008

Sad day at school!

As I came into school today I had a teacher approach me with some extremely sad news. We have this boy in our class named Eric who has epilepsy and has seizures a lot. He has a lot on his plate and he is such a sweet boy. He has a 5 year old sister named Macy who happens to be his absolute BEST friend. They did everything together and Eric would talk about her all the time. She would come in with him sometimes and say hi. I just felt like I knew her from all the stories and from the times that I have met her. Well... this weekend Macy died. She was killed by a television falling on her. Eric was playing with her when it happened and saw the whole thing. My heart just aches for this sweet boy and their family. They have a hard life as it is, but to add this... Oh how sad. Myself, the principal, and another teacher will be going to their house today to see how their family is doing. I know Heavenly Father must have a purpose for her, but this family is not LDS and does not have the same beliefs as us. I hope they can understand that there is more after death. I know you all may not know them, but if you could pray for them and their comfort, would be much appreciated.

1 comments:

Allie Harrison said...

SO sad!!! It seems like some people just get all the rotten luck... I guess Heavenly Father just trusts them to deal with more. We will miss you on the way down to UT, we are driving through Friday the 28th but it has to be fairly early since Brandon is flying down (luckyyy![think Napolean]) and we need to be in Salt Lake by 9pm when his flight gets in! We're heading home Friday the 4th, i think. Maybe we can catch you then?