Thursday, February 7, 2008

School Got Cancelled again!


Okay folks, here's the deal. The school district that I work in does not close school. They just NEVER do it. So far this year they have closed school twice. WOW! The thing that really sucks about our district is the superintendent. He made it mandatory for every teacher to show up for school even if there is a snow day, so the last time we had a snow day, I still had to go in and I still had to drag my kids in to the babysitter. What a bummer. Anyways... Today I had no idea that school even got cancelled, so I was on my way to work when my boss calls and tells me not to come in today. I am thinking "I know the roads are really bad, but I don't have plans ready for a sub or anything, I can't just not come in". I asked him if school had gotten cancelled and he said yes. He also told me that I was going to be working from home today. What a relief that was. The driving conditions are so bad right now. In fact, after he called me and told me not to come in, I got stuck. Yep, that stinks, but luckily, Idaho is filled with really nice people who are willing to help out. They got me unstuck and then I got to go pick up my kids and spend the day with them. YAY!! I just really want my boss to know that I appreciate him. He could get in really big trouble for letting me stay home, but he actually cares about his teachers. Thank-you!

0 comments: