Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day




So... I try to come up with some clever idea for what to do for Valentine's Day. Now, with two kids I had to come up with an idea that the whole family could enjoy. Cause really... Who wants to babysit on Valentine's Day. Plus, I wanted to do something at home, so I couldn't call one of the young women. "Hi, I was wondering if you could babysit my kids? Oh, by the way, can you watch them at your house cause we will be here?" Yeah... I don't think so.


Here is what I decided to do:

I made a sign to go on the door that said, Welcome to your "Island Getaway" Come in, relax, and enjoy your stay. When he opened the door, there were hearts leading from the front door, down the stairs, and into the basement. There, he walked into area surrounded by trees, a roaring fire, and a picnic blanket. On th picnic blanket there were hearts and rose petals. I set up a table that held a single candle, sparkling cider (with champagne glasses of course), and a box of chocolates. I made a nice dinner (that doesn't happen very often). I mean I make dinner, but not fancy. I really love Red Lobster's coconut shrimp and Pina Colada dip, so I got on the internet and looked up the recipe. I found one and decided to attempt making it for dinner. WOW! It turned out really good. It tasted just like it! I'll be making that one again. Anyways... We all ate dinner downstairs in our own little retreat. The kids loved it because it was like a jungle and we got to eat there! It was a nice evening.

I really love doing something out of the ordinary! It is so fun! I hope you all had a fun Valentine's Day too!

0 comments: