Saturday, December 29, 2007

Blood Stain

So I am just throwing this out cause I have no clue as to what I should do. I just bought Elly a new bedspread because I am turning her room into a "girl" room. (The people who lived in this house before us had all boys, so needless to say all the rooms are painted for boys.) Anyways... back to the question at hand... I bought her this bedspread and sometime in the night Elly got a bloody nose. Well blood is all over the new blanket. The blanket is one that I am not sure if I should wash. I was just wondering if anybody had a neat way of getting blood out of material without actually washing it. I was able to get the blood out of the sheets just fine, but blanket, I'm not so sure. HELP ME!!!

2 comments:

Arlyn said...

Try some Hydrogen Peroxide. It works better if the stain is still wet, but you may have some luck. Just pour it right on the fabric, let it bubble a bit and rinse. I'm not sure what kind of fabric you've got, but if it's a light color, I don't think the peroxide will do anything to it. I've never damaged any fabrics I've used it on so far.

Jamie said...

Oxy clean. Penny has been getting bloody noses since she was a baby and we dissolve oxy clean and soak. You can do this with any fabric. Just read the back. Seriously. Oxy Clean. It is amazing. I've soaked things in Oxy Clean months after a stain or when something is dingy and it fixes it! I think it's amazing. We are doing that right now to a white down comforter that Penny bled all over.