Monday, December 31, 2007

Elly's Christmas present


I want to tell you a little story:
One day we were down in Grandma and Grandpa Taylor's basement, and Elly found something that she really enjoyed. She found a little kitchen that Grandpa Dean had built for his daughter Julie when she was about Elly's age. Elly fell in love with it. I asked Dean if he was going to do anything with it or if it would be okay if we took it to our house so that Elly could play with it. He told me that it was fine with him, but that I had to call Julie and make sure that she didn't want it. I immediately called her and she said that she would love it if Elly could use it. Well... we took the kitchen home and we fixed it up. We re-painted it, put new hinges and knobs on it, and we re-did the counter top (actually Ryan did it). It turned out beautifully. We gave it to Elly for Christmas and she hasn't stopped playing with it. Cousin Joe drew Elly's name for Christmas and got her some dishes and some plastic food to use with it, and without even knowing about it, Grandma Wendy got her a counting cookie jar that fits perfectly on its counter. What a great Christmas for Elly.
Thanks to all who contributed, whether you knew it or not.

2 comments:

Fong said...

Where are the pictures at? Oh, can you send me your address?

Julie Beaver said...

It turned out so great!!!! And...it couldn't have gotten a better home! I'm so glad she loves it! I love you guys!

Aunt Julie