Friday, September 28, 2007

Walmart and throw-up (Bad Combination)

Okay... so I thought I would share my experience with throw up and Walmart.

A week ago Jordan was sick, as noted in the blog called "My Meltdown", well I had taken him to Walmart with me to get some 7-Up, gatorade, soup, etc. I had to take him with me because there was no one I could call to watch him. Normally I would have asked my in-laws but they were in Texas visiting family. He had been doing well (he hadn't thrown up for over an hour), so I thought that I would be okay. I was just going to be in and out, so no worries right? WRONG!! Right when I was starting to check out, Jordan starts to do the whole heaving thing. I knew it was coming. I tried to tell him to hang on (yeah, like that's gonna work). Anyways...Right in front of the cashier, Jordan threw up. The lady first looked absolutely disgusted, like she was gonna spew, and then she looked at me with pure raunchiness, like "why in the heck would you bring a sick kid into the store?" I kept apologizing, but she just stood there and handed me a roll of paper towels. "OK, I guess I will try to clean up the floor while I am trying to clean up my kid", that was my thought. Then I started to wipe the floor and she said "I'll just have to call someone to un-lock the cleaning closet, don't do it" Well, allright, I just thought that since you handed me a roll of paper towels, and didn't say anything that you wanted me to clean it up? I was mortified. I mean I couldn't do anything. I couldn't run him to somewhere cause then I would have spread throw up all over.

Well... today, it happened again, except this time I didn't know he was even sick. We went to Walmart yet again, to pick up some pictures and get some Pepto Bismal for Elly (she has the runs) Jordan starts saying mom...my tummy hurts. I told him we would be just a few minutes. Well, right when we got to the photo counter, he starts the heaving, Oh crap! I thought. What do I do? There he blows chunks. Why is it that it has to be in front of someone? They all have to watch my kid throw up. Bummer!!! This time, there was a lady who was super nice. I apologized and she said"Oh, don't worry, I've had 6 kids, I know all about that" She helped me so much. She called someone to clean it up, she got Jordan some tissues, she even got me an extra bag, just in case he had to throw up again in the car. What a difference!

I like the understanding people, it sure makes a HUGE difference. I don't purposely take my kid shopping while he is sick!

0 comments: