Thursday, September 13, 2007

Pesky Neighbor Kids


Pictured above: This is the tree that invites all the kids to play in our yard. I'll have to get one when it has all of its leaves.
So we have this Willow tree in our front yard that seems to call to all the neighbor kids "Come on over, come climb me, come pull off my leaves and spread them all over the lawn, just do what you want with me". It can be a bit annoying! Every day when I get get home from work and picking up the kids, we are greeted by no less than 5 children in our yard. The funny thing is this... my children are 3 and 15 months. The kids that come over are at least 6 or older and they ask if my kids can come out and play! WHAT??? Hello... If my kids come out to play I have to be out there watching them. I am not one of those parents that lets my kids wander the neighborhood and don't know where they are at or what they are doing. We do however have these types of children where we live. Let me share with you some examples of what these little "sweethearts" do.

#1- I was out mowing my lawn, my kids were both in the house asleep and this little 4 year old (whose parents NEVER know where he's at) comes over, walks into my garage and starts playing with Jordan's toys. (Yes...Kids apparently do this nowadays)

#2- Again I was mowing the lawn. A kid comes over and is playing with Jordan (this kid is 8, Jordan 3) That is fine, but then I tell Jordan that we need to go mow the back yard and that he needs to be there with me. Well who follows?? Yes the other little boy. He comes into my back yard, he picks an apple off my tree (that's fine) but then he comes over to me, he wants me to stop mowing and go slice the apple for him. (UMMMM...No, I am busy)

#3- We sometimes go out to the front yard and eat an ice-cream cone on our front steps. Well a different little boy comes over, he sits down next to Jordan and says "I really like ice-cream" (hint hint) Then he tries to lick Jordan's ice-cream cone. (Man...Have your mom go get you some)

#4- This little girl and her brother come over. She begins to hit her brother with a stick and is screaming at him. I go outside and tell them to leave. (I don't want anybody driving by to think that these kids are mine. I do not allow that type of behavior)

#5- I finally let Jordan have a friend over. This kid sees some Ice-Breaker Sours that I have on my shelf. He takes them down and says "Do you mind if I have one" Yes I mind...those are mine." He proceeds to tell me that his mom lets him have them. "Fine", I said. "You can have one". He said "I'll have 2" I said "NO, you may have one" He says "it's okay I'll have two." I told him "No you will have ONE or none at all. Finally he says ok. Who raises these kids?


There is a ton of stories like this. I just had to vent. Kids these days are RUDE.

1 comments:

Jamie said...

those wild idahoans. :)

Kids like that would drive me bonkers. I used to have a 9 year old that wanted to play with penny when she was 2. Why would she want to play with a 2 year old? It's weird huh to become the crochety adult that has to chase pesky kids off with a broom. Someone's gotta keep them in line, right?