Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Getting Started

(above) This is our most recent family picture taken on the 4th of July before Ryan left

Well... I took Grandma's suggestion, and thought that I would try this whole blog thing. I am not sure how well I will keep it updated but I will sure try. It sounds like fun! I don't have tons of time to sit at the computer ( I have 2 outgoing children who like to keep their mommy busy!)

Let's see.... Ryan is in Virginia, he has been there since July and will stay there until December (just before Christmas). He got a new job at the Site (INL). It is a great job and pays well, but it has been hard for all of us. It has made me realize just how much I rely on him. I sure do love him. It is hard for the kids though, especially Jordan. Every night when he says his prayers he says "Please bless Daddy, Please help Daddy, Please help us love Daddy" That is routine, it's like clock work. It is really cute. You can tell he is a fan of his dad. This part really breaks my heart though...sometimes Jordan will sit on the stairs and just start crying and say "I don't want my Daddy to be in Virginia anymore", those are the times when I wish there were something I could do for him. Elly, she doesn't really know he's gone, or at least doesn't act like it.

I have started my third year of teaching. So far this year has been great. I think it will be a good year, much better than last year. I am now the second counselor in the young women's presidency. I LOVE IT!!! I feel the spirit all the time and I just love those girls.

3 comments:

Allie Harrison said...

So I love this blog thing! It's even easier than e-mailing! Sure do miss you guys! Allie

Andy and Yolanda said...

Love the blog! Miss you All!

Jamie said...

Britton's a blogger!